How to File a Claim
Here's what to do.
Filing a claim usually means you're dealing with something difficult. These are the moments we're needed most and we strive to really shine. We endeavor to give you the best support during this critical time. Your local insurance agent will work as your liaison throughout the process, but please know that you can reach our team directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 800.233.1957 at any time.
For Workers' Comp claims, we ask that you contact AIG's claims department at 877.399.6442. Please refer to these instructions when filing a claim.
It helps to know what to expect. Here's how the claims process works.
- First, provide assistance to any injured parties and protect your property from further damage.
- As soon as you're able, contact your local insurance agent.
- Provide important information, including:
- Date, time and location of the incident
- What happened
- Contact information for everyone involved
- Description of damages and/or injuries
- Descriptions of vehicles, property and people involved
- Contact information of any witnesses
- Name of responding police department and report number, if possible
- Your insurance agent will provide a completed Acord Loss Notice and other supporting documentation to Glatfelter.
- Do not divulge information about the incident to anyone other than your assigned claim handler or an authorized representative.
- Contact your agent immediately if a lawsuit is filed against your organization.
Visit our Insurance 101 page to learn more about the claims process and find answers to our most commonly asked questions.Visit Insurance 101